Sunday, October 24, 2010

10/18-10/22

Whoa! A whole week of school, and I somehow did not take a picture. We must have been SUPER busy (as if we're not always).

This week we began unit 2 of our Reading Street series. We read A Big Fish for Max and even made fish at our Following Directions center. We discussed the main idea of the story, as well as the main idea of other stories we have read. We also learned about the sh and th sounds. Please continue to work on these sounds at home. Sometimes we forget them.

In grammar we extended our knowledge of naming words by calling them nouns and by learning that a noun names a person, place, animal, or thing. We even illustrated nouns (which I totally meant to photograph, but got sidetracked). We will do a noun search in class this coming week!

In math we used a number line to add and subtract. I'm very impressed with how well the class is doing with learning their facts.

Weather was the unit of study this week, and the class LOVED the books we read and the activities we did! I think they would be happy to learn about weather every day of the school year. ha! I hope your child can tell you something new that (s)he learned about weather. I have a little more to do Monday in regards to weather, and then we will move to Spooky Fun.

I have really enjoyed meeting you at conferences over the last few weeks! It is so fun to brag on your children and get to know you better. I have one conference left tomorrow (YAY!). Please contact me if ever you need to talk to me. It is a joy to teach every one of my twenty students, and I definitely want them to have a great year!

No comments:

Post a Comment