Tuesday, September 14, 2010

First Glimpse

Today was our first opportunity to walk through Goldsmith-Schiffman Elementary School. May I just tell you that the school is bEAuTIFUl and pHENoMenAL?!?!?! You are going to love it! We toured the entire school, and teachers were shrieking constantly! We are all so excited for the big move (and I hope you're ready to assist). :-) Our classroom is conveniently located to the office, computer lab, library, recess area, lunchroom, and courtyard. In fact, we can see the courtyard from our windows! This is such an exciting time.

I know already that I will need help with making nice curtains, and I need some book shelves to fit under the windows. This classroom is a bit smaller than what we are in now, but it's so much prettier, and I have some ideas for how to maximize space. One way to maximize space is to have book shelves under the windows. We're not supposed to block windows, so putting the shelves under them will work perfectly. Please let me know if you can help with either of these tasks, as I would like to get them started soon. I will be happy to pay for supplies.

Without further ado, I give you your first glimpse of GSES!!!

***the lobby entrance, complete with bricks and stacked stones...



***Mrs. Kachelman 'washing' her hands; boys and girls will come out of hallway bathrooms to use common sinks


*** the huge, gorgeous gym


***the amazing cafeteria that resembles a lodge



***OUR CLASSROOM***





1 comment:

  1. WOW! It's absolutely gorgeous! We can't wait to go to our new school, and help you 'furnish' your new classroom!

    ReplyDelete