Friday, September 4, 2009

Edible Pig

This week we read Pig in a Wig. We also had a cow to visit our school on Thursday. Miss Brawley even milked the cow!!! What better way to end this week than to make edible pigs? This was our first food craft, and it went very well!!! I handled all of the food until it got to the kids' plates (with the exception of the icing, which they had a plastic knife for). I must have put hand sanitizer on my hands about fifteen times!!! With all of the sickness going around, I am taking every precaution in the classroom. Thanks, sweet parents, for sending in the supplies for the edible pigs. The kids loved making them!! I look forward to another food craft! By the way, I can tell which students either help or watch their mom bake, because three girls asked if they could lick the knife (to which I responded, "Yes, but be careful!").






1 comment:

  1. Thank you for ALL of your hard work on this blog! The pictures & class updates are wonderful! Our children are certainly blessed to have you as their teacher this year! The Manning Family

    ReplyDelete